I’m ideally looking for a Finnish intern. The deadline for application is next Monday 20th, 2016. The interns in our office can take 1 to 2 classes, plus the internship (8 hours per day, counting for 15 ECTS). In total, the intern can accredit as much as 30 ECTS for the whole semester. Here are the general guidelines of the internship:
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
- Fluent level of English
- Good Spanish level is an asset
- Multicultural skills (the intern’s main task it to be a liaison between our office and the international students)
- The working hours normally are Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm and then 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm, but it might change depending on the classes the intern wants to take.
- A great working experience in an international environment.
- A place to improve Spanish skills
- Meal card – valid for one meal a day (Mon-Fri) in one of our three cafeterias
- Housing – a) living with a Host Family (all services and meals included) or b) living in an independent house (all services included + basic groceries to cook)
- Free participation in the two trips organized by our office during the semester (intern goes as staff)
- Availability to take 1 or 2 classes, therefore working hours might be flexible
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Innovate and improve upon processes in the reception area and other areas of the office.
- Activities related with the Host Family Program.
- Create a list of international contacts from each foreign university that we have an agreement with
- Work with student groups, specifically AMI and Language Tutoring, to promote intercultural friendships and fun social events for students
- Attend AMI meetings, help to obtain materials needed for events, help to brainstorm ideas for events
- Maintain data and files on all current and incoming international students as well as Mexican students hoping to study abroad
- Health insurance files (digital and paper copies)
- Send e-mails to students who have not submitted the needed forms
- Have full knowledge and use of the website used for registering incoming international students
- Organize the office space; maintain cleanliness and order!
- Participate as a staff member on trips organized by P.I., helping with the logistics, organization and promotion of these trips
- Post in the International Programs Querétaro FB group, Instagram and Twitter.
- Go to the mail room (optimally twice a day) to retrieve packages & mail
- Send e-mails to students who receive mail or packages
- Act as a host for visiting universities if needed, show them around the campus, go out to eat with them, etc.
- Help new incoming students to locate services they need
- Help them to get an ID card, sign up for cultural activities, find the buildings of their classes, etc.
- Send packages of promotional materials to universities abroad
- Fill out the necessary forms required to send packages abroad: UPS shipping label, certificate of origin, invoice sheet, and possibly NAFTA form
- Create promotional folders; help with promotion through social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Participate in the organization of international office events
- Orientation week, Welcome Lunch, the food of Big Brother/Sister program, closing ceremony, visit to Casa Hogar, etc.
If possible, please send your Cvs in order to have a Skype interview with them as soon as possible.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Lic. Claudia Ugalde
Incoming Students Advisor
Housing and International Students Logistics Coordinator
International Programs Office
Tecnológico de Monterrey – Campus Querétaro
(+52) 442 238 3100 Ext. 3374
(+52) 442 238 3374
Enlace Intercampus 80 776 3374