I’ve been doing quite a lot of miscellaneous stuff this weekend.
- I re-packed my tough-guy backpack – with the travel guides it’s 9,4 kilos. Still alright I’d say.
- I gave the local registry office my new address in Korea, using Finnish Post’s on-line service. I hope they’ll send me my ballot papers for the election so I can vote in Seoul!
- I made a travel announcement to the Foreign Ministry – in case of emerging crisis in Korea.
- I met with Lotta. We’ve only met briefly in blog meeting before – now we had time for lunch.
- I met couple of my friends in Jyväskylä to say goodbye and enjoy (weird) good music in Lutakko. It was awsum! AWSUM.
- I went to meet my grandma, aunt and uncle in Ähtäri (to say goodbye – obviously)
- I also made reservation for travel currency. I’m going to pick my money up from Helsinki central railwaystation’s Forex. Hopefully 500 000 won is enough to get started – that’s about 360 euros. Won bills are so small (50 000 won is the largest bill) I’ll end up looking like a pimp daddy with my money clip. I don’t want to carry too much money with me – I’m not trustworthy! Which brings me to…
- Got a new credit/debit card. Debit from my account, credit from dad’s. WOHOO! PARTEE! Now I need to learn my PIN. It’s *****
- Canceled my farewell party as I misread and messed up my schedule.
- Made plans for new party and my friend’s party. He’s off to Shanghai. Wai cool!
- Was that all? Hope so… more to come.
Oh, I really hope my Student Visa arrives by Thursday. I need to be in Jyväskylä on Friday at noon. And I really hope I wasn’t too sedated when I sent the papers. I already realized I forgot to sign one paper… I think I need to call them tomorrow to check if everything is as should.
I’m excited and nervous and haven’t got a clue what to do on the first week! Ideas?
PS. If I changed all my money to wons I’d be a multi millionaire. Is that cool or what?
PPS. Don’t go blaming me if you don’t get any postcards! I have received so few addresses from you I start wondering if I have friends at all. Forever alone…