Discounts on train and bus tickets
Students can get a student discount on long distance train and bus ticket prices as well as for local bus transportation.
- LINKKI (Local Busses). Their office is at the Tourist info point downtown. Here is a link to their web pages: http://linkki.jyvaskyla.fi/english
- If you want to buy a season ticket (30 day, 90 day, 180 day) you can use your JAMKO student card or your study certificate and some form of ID. Season tickets (kausilippu) must be bought from the LINKKI office and cannot be bought in the busses.
- There’s an online journey planner in English to help you find the right buses and times. You’ll find it from: https://reittiopas.jyvaskyla.fi/reittiopas/main
- Matkahuolto (long distance busses)
- Use a JAMKO student card or…
- Use Matkahuolto’s own student card. You must apply and pay for it separately. More info from: https://www.matkahuolto.fi/en/timetables-and-prices/discount-terms/student-ticket-and-student-card/#.V2p2T7h969I
- VR (Trains)
- Use a JAMKO student card or….
- Use your study certificate with some form of ID or….
- Buy a student card from VR
- More info from: https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/students_new
JAMKO student card (One card to rule them all)
The student union (JAMKO) also provides student cards. With JAMKO’s student card you can gain the above-mentioned discounts on train and bus tickets as well as for student lunch. You can order your card from: https://www.jamko.fi/en/order-student-card. It is recommended that you pay for the card and the membership at JAMKO’s office or member service point (in autumn) during pick-up. You can also pay beforehand using online banking, but it is crucial that you present a receipt (printed or an electronic receipt) of the bank transfer when you come to pick up the card.
For more information about the JAMKO student card, contact the JAMKO office:
Main Campus, Rajakatu 35, room FP23. E-mail: jasenpalvelu(a)jamko.fi
Discount in lunch cafeteria/restaurant
The “KELA Meal Subsidy Card” entitles you to get lunch at a discount price at any student cafeteria/restaurant including those at the university. Cafeterias/restaurants offering student-priced lunch are, for example, restaurant Radis on main campus (Rajakatu), Bittipannu on Dynamo campus (Piippukatu, Lutakko) and Fuuga on music campus (Pitkäkatu). The lunch costs approximately 2,60€ with the student card. The card has been filled in for you, just remember to sign it. You can find a list of all student restaurants in Jyväskylä at: http://bit.ly/studentfoodjkl