6-12 Month Electrical Engineering, Russian speakers Internship
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING.
European Student Placement Agency, Ltd (ESPA UK) is a recruitment agency whose goal is to find high quality internships for European students in the UK. We work closely with our host companies to ensure the positions provide the candidates with a great experience, both professional and personal.
REQUIREMENTS: ESPA vacancies are open to all EU passport holders able to travel to the UK for an educational work placement, without the need for visa documents. You have to be a registered student and/or have Erasmus+ status to be eligible for our internships. Any student who is unsure of their situation should check with their university before applying. Non-EU students can also apply if they are studying in the EU and can get an Erasmus+ grant/status for the entire length of the internship.
BENEFITS: All ESPA’s services are free for students and alumni. The benefits are:
- Paid Accommodation.
- Paid Utility Bills (electricity, gas, water and council tax) + Internet Access
- Commuter travel to work (accommodation will be found within an acceptable commuting distance from the workplace, if that requires more than a sensible walk then a bus/train ticket will be provided).
This will be sourced and managed on your behalf by ESPA. These benefits have an approximate value of 700€-1000€ per month (depending on location).
There is no salary over and above the benefits offered, unless specifically stated.
To know more, please visit: www.espauk.com
As most of European grants are no longer than 6 months the host company has agreed to offer also a grant replacement in the second half of the internship (months 7 to the end) in addition to the regular benefits.
The Host Company
A London based start-up company which develops and commercializes energy saving power control devices for 3 phase AC electrical motors.
The host company supports innovative solutions to global problems in the energy, infrastructure and industrial sectors. They invest in promising technology companies and actively support their growth into world class high-growth enterprises.
Junior Engineer to aid the company’s development of R&D outputs into products. The role will see the successful candidate working alongside inventors in the field of electrical motor operation and control. An advanced knowledge base of 3 phase AC motors and power electronics is required.
12 months preferred. 6 months accepted.
The role will be predominantly based in London but may require periodic travel to Israel.
- English – Fluent (B2 minimum)
- Russian or Hebrew – Fluent
- Aid in the design and development of the company’s product by co-ordinating between UK Engineers and Chief Scientific advisors (Russian, Hebrew speaking).
- Help draft product specifications and researching industry standards and technology trends.
- Write test procedures and help conduct testing of product.
- Help write product user manuals and installation guides.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical areas.
- Fluent in Russian or Hebrew.
- Good organisation skills and the ability to work in teams as well as independently.
- Adaptive to change and can respond quickly and positively to revised scope and direction of activities.
- “Can-do” attitude.
- Demonstrate high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Ability to create, review and edit electronics design in software systems (eg. Altium).
- Knowledge in advanced 3-phase theory, electrical and magnetic field theory.
How to apply
STEP 1) Please, register with us at http://www.espauk.com/students/student-registration/
STEP 2) Please, log in to your account in http://www.espauk.com/students/student-application/ and then click on the button APPLY next to the vacancy name.
If you have any problems applying for this vacancy, please email us at: apply(a)espauk.com and in the subject indicate the Name + the code of the vacancy you have issues to apply to.