Creating a strong R&D profile for Master’s degree programmes
Creating a strong R&D profile for Master’s degree programmes is a national network project administrated by HAMK for all universities of applied sciences in Finland.
The project aims for:
- Reforming activities related to Master’s degree programmes
- Raising the RDI profile of Master’s degree programmes
- Supporting networking activities and drawing on the diversity of networks
- Strengthening, developing and renewing transfers of knowledge and competence between higher education institutions and workplaces
- Striving for a more multidisciplinary quality in workplace innovations, bringing teaching and workplaces closer together
- Supporting the development of communal knowledge.
WORK PACKAGE 3
- Work organisations are increasingly diverse in terms of such aspects as age, cultural factors, language, competence base, health, social backgrounds and operating capabilities. A Master’s degree often aims for leadership roles, and the education must thus provide competence in new leadership skills that can be exploited in managing both people and multidisciplinary projects.
- New diversity-related competence will be needed in new environments where work organisations and universities of applied sciences meet to exploit the innovation potential of diversity.
- At the core of this work package is recognizing and building up the competence potential of different people to make each employee’s personal expertise available for communal use.
- It will develop operating models for leading diversity, both as learning materials and documents, to be used in education and the workplace alike.