Dear international student or graduate, greetings from JAMK Talent Boost!
Talent Boost is a project aimed at improving the opportunities of JAMK’s international students in finding internships or employment in Central Finland. We are hoping to improve the awareness of International Students about the job market and provide extensive information on recruitment, improve Finnish language courses availability and strengthen collaboration with businesses and organizations of Central Finland to raise the number of JAMK graduates that get employed in the Central Region.
Boost Your Career Skills Event:
JAMK Talent Boost is happy to announce our first own event for JAMK international students and graduates!
Attention: Due to recent covid situation development the event is going to take place in the mid February. You can still register for the event and we will keep you updated on the exact date.
In AP lounge at Rajakatu 35, you are welcome to get your CV and LinkedIn picture professionally taken, listen to the inspiring speeches of JAMK alumni that have built a career in Finland and get career counseling. Moreover, International Jyväskylä – Info Center and Expertise Center for Immigrants are going to talk about their services for those who are searching for a job or integration activities. Plus, we are offering a CV workshop and tips on how to succeed in job seeking. Refreshments and snacks will be served. (The guest speakers and content of the event might be slightly altered.)
Event Registration Survey: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/F57B327C28713BD0
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/653765429128819/
JAMK “Työpäivä” Work Days 26-27th of January:
JAMK is going to have recruitment fairs on the 26.01.22 on the Rajakatu campus from 9.00-13.00, and on the 27.01.22 from 9.00-13.00 on the Lutakko campus.
At the fair the representatives of various industries and companies from Central Finland will have the stands placed on the campuses. The students are encouraged to approach the companies and organizations to learn more about their recruitment activities and open positions.
Link to the websites:
Work Day | Main campus – JAMK
International Jyväskylä Info Center:
It is a multilingual service point, where you can get information, guidance and counseling in 16 different languages. We can be your first point of contact, if you have any questions related to e.g. living or finding accommodation, working, studying, residence permits, social services and health care, leisure time activities or any other topic related to settling down here in Jyväskylä. International Jyväskylä – Info Center is a joint initiative of the City of Jyväskylä and the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment. It provides services to everyone living in the Central Finland region, irrespective of the person’s background or reason for coming to Finland.
Did you know that, as an international degree student, you can request an Initial assessment from International Jyväskylä – Info Center (as per the Finnish Act on the Promotion of Immigrant integration)? Initial assessment is meant to map out your possible needs related to studies and language training, employment, socializing and networking, hobbies or any other aspect, which could help you integrate better into the Finnish society. It does not matter if you are new here or have been living in this region for quite a while. You can get in touch with us. More information about us and our counselors from our webpage: International Jyväskylä – Info Center in English | Jyväskylä.fi (jyvaskyla.fi)
Save the dates
You will see us in JAMK’s upcoming Boost your career skills event on 14.1.2022.
In addition to this, book your diaries for 31.1.2022 15-16, as we will be seeing you in a webinar, which is being planned exclusively for international degree students at JAMK.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram: @internationaljyvaskyla
Link to the website: https://www.jyvaskyla.fi/en/projects/international-jyvaskyla-info-center
Expertise Centre for Immigrants Jyväskylä:
This organization promotes the employment of foreign residents in Finland and the recognition of the skills of international talent. The Expertise Centre for Immigrants supports foreign-language customers to improve their Finnish in Finnish language trainings, get to know more about the basic job seeking and support them to find their expertise to promote employment through individual guidance and counselling. They help you to find a job, a place to study or start your own business.You can become a client for this organization if:
· You are an unemployed job seeker.
· You are under threat of unemployment, for example graduating in 6 months
Check out their website, recent newsletter and the activity calendar below to be updated with useful information!
Possible Available Internships or Jobs in Central Finland:
1. Valmet Oy is looking for Purchasing Engineer, Supply Chain Roll Procurement. The primary location is Jyväskylä. The deadline for the application is the 9th of January. Link to the job application: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Jyvskyl/Purchasing-Engineer–Supply-Chain-Roll-Procurement_R15293
2. Valmet Oy is looking for a Delivery Planning Engineer. The primary location is Jyväskylä. The deadline for the application is the 3rd of January. Link to the job application: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Jyvskyl/Delivery-Planning-Engineer_R15136
3. Valmet Oy is searching for a Start-Up Engineer. The location can be Jyväskylä, Tampere or Järvenpää. The deadline to send an application is the 3d of January. Link to the application: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Tampere/Start-up-Engineer_R12907-1
4. Valmet Oy is searching for Finance Trainees for Valmet Global Financial Operations. The location is Central Finland. The deadline for the application is the 31st of January. Link to the application: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Jyvskyl/Finance-Trainees-to-Valmet-Global-Financial-Operations_R15315
5. Visit Jyväskylä Region is searching for a native Russian speaker marketing trainee. The deadline for application is 02.01.22, the start of the job is 21.02.22. The internship is full-time; however, hours are negotiable. Main tasks include proactive content creation to Visit Jyväskylä Region’s VK account on regular basis. Other tasks may include small translations, photo editing, writing tasks (articles or press releases in Russian), or other tasks related to tourism marketing. More information: https://visitjyvaskyla.fi/ru/; Johanna Maasola phone: 0504482954; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Moventas Oy is searching for a thesis worker in English. The company offers an open application in which the student can offer the topic they are interested in. More information: https://www.moventas.com/about-moventas/careers/thesis-projects/
7. Harvia Oy is looking for a trainee for Domestic/Export Order Processing Team. Job requirement:
· Good Finnish and Advanced English, other language skills are considered as an advantage.
· Self-initiated approach, flexibility, and good interaction skills.
· Organizational ability, accuracy, and good management of entities as well pressure resistance.
· Sociality and the ability to work in a multicultural work environment.
· For more information on the task, contact the team leader Annukka Kauhanen, email@example.com. Send your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 February 2022. Include your resume and a brief explanation of why you would be suitable for this position.
8. Metsä Oy is looking for English speaking applicants for the Summer Job in Äänekoski. The title is Technical Customer Service. The deadline for application is 28th of February. Link to the application: https://www.monster.fi/en/job/summer-job-metsa-group-technical-customer-service-821710
9. Metsä Oy is looking for English speaking applicants for the Summer Job in Äänekoski, in the Research and Development department. The deadline for application is 28th of February. Link to the application: https://www.monster.fi/en/job/summer-job-metsa-group-research-and-development-821707
10. Metsä Oy is offering a Summer Job as a Logistics Coordinator in Äänekoski. The deadline for an application is 28th of February. Link to the application: https://www.monster.fi/en/job/summer-job-metsa-group-logistics-coordinator-827049
11. Telia Oy is looking for a Service Designer in Central Finland. Job application link: https://www.teliacompany.com/en/careers/join-us/open-positions/job_posting-3-63743/
Thank you for your input in the future of JAMK’s international students and graduates!
Further Information: TalentBoostJAMK@jamk.fi