Dear international student or graduate, greetings from JAMK Talent Boost!
Talent Boost is a project aimed at improving the opportunities of JAMK’s international students in finding internship or employment in Central Finland. We are hoping to improve the awareness of International Students about the job market and provide extensive information on recruitment, improve Finnish language courses availability, and strengthen collaboration with businesses and organizations of Central Finland to rise the number of JAMK graduates that get employed in Central Region.
Boost Your Career Skills event 11.02.2022:
JAMK Talent Boost is happy to announce our first own event for JAMK international students and graduates! On the 11th of February in ZOOM 13.30-16:00, you are welcome to listen to the inspiring speeches of JAMK alumni that have built a career in Finland and get career counseling. Moreover, International Jyväskylä – Info Center and Expertise Center for Immigrants are going to talk about their services for those who are searching for a job or integration activities. Plus, we offer career counseling from Piia Hynynen and a workshop from JES, Jyväskylä Entrepreneurship Society. (The guest speakers and content of the event may slightly alter.)
Event Registration Survey: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/F57B327C28713BD0
Event Zoom link will be sent by email for the registered guests, plus available in Talent Boost Instagram bio on the day of the event.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/653765429128819/
JAMK Talent Boost weekly pop-up meetings:
Every Friday (except school breaks and public holidays) from 13.00 to 14.00 you are welcome to the online Zoom pop-up meetings with Anna and Piia. On the meetings we discuss job market, career paths, share latest available job applications, you can get private CV counseling in the breakout room. Anything that comes to your mind about the integration process or a job seeking process – we are here for you for the entire hour.
Zoom link: https://jamk.zoom.us/j/69613319774
Boost Your Career! ZZ00BP80-3001, 9.3.-31.5.2022
Course that will help you plan your career and develop your working life skills!
Full course information and Peppi description:
The course enrollment period is until 28th of February in Peppi. The course is held online, the materials and assignments are posted in English, however, it is possible to submit assignments in Finnish.
The objective of the course is to develop your career planning and working life skills. You will receive tools to build your career and competence identity based on your choice. You aim to find ways to move smoothly into working life according to your own goals. You will learn to identify and demonstrate your skills and strengths. More info is attached to this e-mail.
You can also take the course via open studies if you are not a JAMK student: https://tinyurl.com/boostcourse
International Jyväskylä Info Center:
It is a multilingual service point, where you can get information, guidance and counseling in 16 different languages. They can be your first point of contact, if you have any questions related to for e.g., living or finding accommodation, working, studying, residence permits, social services and health care, leisure time activities or any other topic related settling down here in Jyväskylä. International Jyväskylä – Info Center is a joint initiative of City of Jyväskylä and Ministry of Economic affairs and Employment. It provides services to everyone living in the Central Finland region, irrespective of the person’s background or reason for coming to Finland.
Did you know that, as an international degree student, you can request an Initial assessment from International Jyväskylä – Info Center (as per the Finnish Act on the Promotion of Immigrant integration)? Initial assessment is meant to map out your possible needs related to studies and language training, employment, socializing and networking, hobbies or any other aspect, which could help you integrate better into the Finnish society. It does not matter if you are new here or have been living in this region for quite a while.
On the 31st of January from 15.00 to 16.00 JAMK and International Info Center Jyväskylä are going to have a webinar. On the webinar you can learn more about Initial Assessment and the services of the Info Center.
The link to the webinar:
Topic: Webinar for International Students: Initial Assessment
Time: Jan 31, 2022 03:00 PM Helsinki
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 650 6773 2091
Save the dates
Book your diaries for 31.1.2022 15-16, as we will be seeing you in an online seminar, which is being planned exclusively for international degree students at JAMK.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram: @internationaljyvaskyla
Link to the website: https://www.jyvaskyla.fi/en/projects/international-jyvaskyla-info-center
(The image below is attached to this e-mail as a pdf file.)
Expertise Centre for Immigrants Jyväskylä:
This organization promotes employment of foreign residents in Finland and the recognition of the skills of international talent. The Expertise Center for Immigrants supports foreign-language customers to improve their Finnish in Finnish language trainings, get to know more about the basic job seeking and support them to find their own expertise to promote employment through individual guidance and counseling. They help you to find a job, a place to study or start your own business.You can become a client for this organization if:
· You are an unemployed job seeker.
· You are under threat of unemployment, for example graduating in 6 months
Check out their website, recent newsletter, and the activity calendar below to be updated with useful information!
The employment services of Jyväskylä is hosting an online job seeking event on the 25th of January from 14.00 to 17.00. The registration link is provided in the Event page on Facebook. On the event from 14.00 to 15.15 participating organizations are going to present their summer job offerings. From 15.15 to 17.00 the job-seekers would be able to have a chat with the companies. The event description is in Finnish. More information on the Facebook event post from Jyväskylän kaupungin työllisyyspalvelut page: https://m.facebook.com/events/s/maahanmuuttaja-etsitko-kesatyo/4887680704656522/
Talent Helsinki Matchmaking Event – Students and Start-ups. Date: 03.02.22. An online event on which the SMEs and Start-ups would be meeting students and potential employees. More information and registration: https://www.businessfinland.fi/en/whats-new/events/2022/talent-helsinki-matchmaking-event-students-start-ups
Finland Works Event: European Online Job Day. Date 16.02.22, time 12pm to 16pm. More information: https://www.businessfinland.fi/en/whats-new/events/2022/finland-works-event-european-online-job-day-february
Possible Available Internships or Jobs in Central Finland:
1. Metso:Outotec is providing about 50 summer trainee positions in various parts of Finland! The jobs include different fields of work: Business, Engineering, IT, Logistics, Legal, Financial and Research. Application is possible until 28th of February via Metso:Outotec website, in the careers section. Link: https://careers.mogroup.com/search/?q=summer+trainee
2. Good news for students and graduates interested in innovation and research and development! VTT is offering a Summer of Change makers trainee program! You will get a chance to develop your skills in the cross-disciplinary community. Invest your knowledge and experience in sustainable growth – apply for positions within the program until 6th of February. The application is available on VTT website. Link: https://www.vttresearch.com/en/summer-changemakers
3. Still in search of a summer job? Kesaduuni.org has prepared a selection of available summer jobs in English from different parts of Finland! The companies include Fortum, UPM, Skanska, Valmet and more. Link: https://kesaduuni.org/finland-summer-job/
4. Airbus Finland is searching for summer trainees in Central Finland and Helsinki! The list of open positions includes Business Analysis Trainee; Cyber Security Trainee; Project Management Trainee; Product Business Management Trainee; Software Development and Software Testing Trainees; Sales Trainee; HR& Communications Trainee; Customer Support and Customer Maintenance Trainee; Corporate Security Trainee; Marketing Trainee; Facility Management Trainee; Project Delivery Trainee; Test Automation Trainee; Quality Trainee. Apply via duunitori.fi -> Trainee Program in Airbus Finland. Application is opened until 31.1.22 Link: https://duunitori.fi/…/airbus-defence-and-space-trainee…
5. Valmet Oy has begun the summer jobs recruitment process! If you are a student or a recent graduate – this opportunity is for you! Search for applications and apply via: Valmet myworkdayjobs.com
· Summer Jobs in Finance and Corporate Accounting: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/…/Summer-jobs-in…
· Summer Jobs in HR, Marketing and Administration: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/…/Summer-Jobs-in…
· Summer Jobs in Information Technology: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/…/Summer-jobs-in…
· Summer Jobs in Procurement & Logistics and Quality & HSE: Summer Jobs in Mechanical & Processing Engineering and R&D: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/…/Summer-jobs-in…
· Summer Jobs in Strategy and M&A, Business Development, Legal: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/…/Summer-jobs-in…
· Summer Jobs in Energy and Environmental Engineering and R&D: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/…/Summer-jobs-in…
· Summer Jobs in Technical and Commercial Sales Support & Order Handling: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/…/Summer-jobs-in…
· Summer Jobs in Automation & Software Engineering and Industrial Internet & R&D: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/…/Summer-jobs-in…
6. Summer Power Finland Program 2022. Wärtsilä is offering a lot of positions in Finland, in Vaasa, Turku, Helsinki and there are positions that require remote work only. Summer jobs are provided across the industry from the marketing departments to marine power! Jobs for IT, Engineering, Logistics, Business, Finance, Marketing, HR specialists and many more are needed. Check out the full detailed information and apply until 28.2.22 via: https://www.wartsila.com/summerpower
7. KONE is offering summer positions in Software Testing, System simulation, Research and Supply management. Check out the positions and apply: https://kone.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/0/refreshFacet/318c8bb6f553100021d223d9780d30be
8. Valmet Oy is searching for Finance Trainees to Valmet Global Financial Operations. The location is Central Finland. The deadline for the application is 31st of January. Link to the application: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Jyvskyl/Finance-Trainees-to-Valmet-Global-Financial-Operations_R15315
9. Visit Jyväskylä Region is searching for native Russian speaker marketing trainee. The deadline for application is 02.01.22, the start of job is 21.02.22. The internship is full-time; however, hours are negotiable. Main tasks include proactive content creation to Visit Jyväskylä Region’s VK account on regular basis. Other tasks may include small translations, photo editing, writing tasks (articles or press releases in Russian) or other tasks related to tourism marketing. More information: https://visitjyvaskyla.fi/ru/ ; Johanna Maasola phone: 0504482954; email: email@example.com
10. Moventas Oy is searching for a thesis worker in English. The company offers an open application in which the student can offer the topic they are interested in. More information: https://www.moventas.com/about-moventas/careers/thesis-projects/
11. Harvia Oy is looking for a trainee for Domestic/Export Order Processing Team. Job requirement:
· Good Finnish and Advanced English, other language skills are considered as an advantage.
· Self-initiated approach, flexibility, and good interaction skills.
· Organizational ability, accuracy, and good management of entities as well pressure resistance.
· Sociability and the ability to work in a multicultural work environment.
· For more information on the task, contact the team leader Annukka Kauhanen, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your application by e-mail to email@example.com by 16 February 2022. Include your resume and a brief explanation of why you would be suitable for this position.
12. Metsä Oy is looking for English speaking applicants for the Summer Job in Äänekoski. The title is Technical Customer Service. The deadline for application is 28th of February. Link to the application: https://www.monster.fi/en/job/summer-job-metsa-group-technical-customer-service-821710
13. Metsä Oy is looking for English speaking applicants for the Summer Job in Äänekoski, in the Research and Development department. The deadline for application is 28th of February. Link to the application: https://www.monster.fi/en/job/summer-job-metsa-group-research-and-development-821707
14. Metsä Oy is offering a Summer Job as a Logistics Coordinator in Äänekoski. The deadline for an application is 28th of February. Link to the application: https://www.monster.fi/en/job/summer-job-metsa-group-logistics-coordinator-827049
Piia Hynynen and Anna Zhuravleva
Thank you for your input in the future of JAMK’s international students and graduates, and thanks for reading!
Further Information: TalentBoostJAMK@jamk.fi
If you are interested in receiving the next newsletter, please send us an email: TalentBoostJAMK@jamk.fi