Dear international student or graduate, greetings from Jamk Talent Boost!
Talent Boost is a project aimed at improving the opportunities for our international students and alumni in finding internships or employment in Central Finland. We are hoping to improve the awareness about the job market and provide extensive information on recruitment, improve Finnish language course availability, and strengthen collaboration with businesses and organizations of Central Finland to raise the number of Jamk graduates that get employed in the Central Region.
International Food Day, Ukrainian cuisine:
We are happy to announce that on 8.6.2022 Jamk is going to have a day of Ukrainian food on Jamk Main campus! The traditional Ukrainian meals will be served as regular student lunch in the student and staff canteens. The price will remain the same. Moreover, Jamk will provide some interesting facts about Ukraine and some entertainment. Stay tuned to Jamk´s social media to learn more!
Weekly pop-up meetings:
Every Friday (except school breaks and public holidays) from 11.00 to 12.00 you are welcome to the online Zoom pop-up meetings with Anna and Piia. At the meetings we discuss the job market and career paths, share latest available job applications, and you can get private CV and motivation letter counselling in a breakout room. Anything that comes to your mind about the integration process or a job-seeking process – we are here for you for the entire hour. The pop-ups will be taking place until late May and will resume in September.
Zoom link: https://jamk.zoom.us/j/69613319774
Be active during summer and learn some Finnish!
An express short course for those who would like to start preparations for Yki Testi!
Are you enrolling for the Finnish language test (YKI) and need intensive training? The content of the courses corresponds to the language exam, you can practice writing, speaking, listening and comprehension of texts. Course days are Tuesday – Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. The course is run remotely, so you can attend from anywhere. The course has two sets of sessions, the spring one (17.5.2022 – 19.5.2022, enrollment until 10.5.) and the late summer one (23.8.2022 – 25.8.2022, enrollment until 18.8.).
Startuplab (University of Jyväskylä) will host an event for anyone interested in startups, startup culture, technology and education on May 13th at 14:00-16:00. The event will be hosted both live at the StartupLab premises and also online through Zoom. You can find StartupLab at Mattilanniemi 2, Agora building @ C223.1. Link for the Zoom: https://jyufi.zoom.us/j/67208504696 . Please have a look at the attached files to know more.
Volunteering summer work in Finland, learning and exploration groups from Kansainvälinen Vapaaehtoistyö ry (KVT):
It is a non-governmental organization that promotes peace, cooperation, equality, and active citizenship through grassroots level voluntary work. They have over 70 years of experience in voluntary work in Finland and abroad. For example, they offer volunteering work and camping in Central Finland. You can meet new people, and learn about the culture and language during your spare time.
Enrol via link: https://www.kvtfinland.org/en/
Expertise Centre for Immigrants Jyväskylä
This organization promotes the employment of foreign residents in Finland and the recognition of the skills of international talent. The Expertise Centre for Immigrants supports foreign-language customers to improve their Finnish in language trainings, get to know more about the basic job seeking and support them to find their expertise to promote employment through individual guidance and counselling. They help you to find a job, a place to study or start your own business.You can become a client of this organization if:
· You are an unemployed job seeker.
· You are under threat of unemployment, for example graduating in 6 months
Check out their website, recent newsletter, and the activity calendar below to be updated with useful information!
Info for graduates: Congratulations to graduating students! | Jyväskylä.fi (jyvaskyla.fi)
Recruitment training by Saranen.fi:
A recruitment training program is a hands-on, preparatory way to re-train or update existing skills.
You can apply if you are an unemployed jobseeker, at risk of dismissal, or about to end a fixed-term employment relationship. Your job search in TE services must be valid.
With Saranen´s help, veterans seeking to update their skillset, recent graduates, as well as self-employed workers can grow in their field, or even explore new career paths altogether.
More information: https://www.saranen.fi/en/for-jobseekers/
Possible Available Internships or Jobs in Finland:
1. Valmet Jyväskylä, Customer Training Specialist: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Jyvskyl/Specialist–Customer-Training_R12705-1
2. Remote Customer experience intern, besides English, Spanish needed : https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3061245174
3 Metso: Outotec has several positions offered in English for graduates: https://www.mogroup.com/corporate/careers/open-jobs/?country=Finland
5. Business Coordinator, IT, Sales; Helsinki: https://emp.jobylon.com/jobs/130798-grexel-business-coordinator-it-sales/
6. HappyOrNot LTD, Financial Specialist, Tampere: https://ats.talentadore.com/apply/financial-specialist/8KpljZ
7. Workday Success Plans Consultant, EMEA – French and English Speaking: https://workday.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Workday/job/France-Paris/Workday-Success-Plans-Consultant–EMEA—French-and-English-Speaking_JR-61210?source=website_linkedin
8. Nursing: Practical Nurse, Assistant worker, Elderly care, Esperi Oy Joutsa, at least B1 Finnish, possible to communicate in English with other workers: https://www.esperi.fi/hoivakodit-ikaihmisille/esperi-hoivakoti-kaari-joutsa. Questions about the application: email@example.com
9. Summer job in programming, Aalto University: https://aalto.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/aalto/job/Otaniemi-Espoo-Finland/Summer-Job–PHOENIX-project_R33418-4
10. Wärtsilä, Turku, Junior Designer, training & development: https://careers.wartsila.com/job/Turku-Junior-Designer%2C-Training-Development/798272901/?feedId=355501&utm_source=LinkedInJobPostings
11. Clevry Oy, Sales manager, native English speaker: https://www.clevry.com/fi/avoimet-tyopaikat/272259?hsLang=fi
Thanks for reading and let’s keep in touch!
Piia Hynynen, Anna Zhuravleva and the intern team (soon to be chosen)
Further Information: TalentBoostJAMK@jamk.fi
Telegram group: https://t.me/jamk_talent_boost
If you are not interested in receiving the next newsletter, please send us an email: TalentBoostJAMK@jamk.fi