Jamk Talent Boost Newsletter
Dear international student or graduate, greetings from Jamk Talent Boost!
Talent Boost is a project aimed at improving the opportunities of Jamk’s international students in finding internships or employment in Central Finland. We are hoping to improve the awareness of International Students about the job market and provide extensive information on recruitment, improve Finnish language course availability, and strengthen collaboration with businesses and organizations in Central Finland to raise the number of Jamk graduates that get employed in Central Region.
Jamk Talent Boost Feedback Survey
The project has been around for a year now. We would like to receive your feedback and suggestions about our current activities, past events and recommendations for future activities, services and what help would you like to receive from us. Please spend a bit of your time, 5 minutes or so, and help Talent Boost to improve. The anonymous survey is open until the 25th of September.
Boost Your Finnish Experience: Finnish language workshops on Dynamo and Rajakatu campuses
Jamk Talent Boost is happy to announce that our Finnish language workshops will continue in autumn. The workshops offer free consultation on how to make your CV and other job-seeking documents in Finnish, plus, you can practice your Finnish language tasks with the teacher. You can boost your speaking skills to ensure good results e.g. in job interviews! The workshops will be taking place on Rajakatu and Dynamo, starting mid-September. The schedule will be available later on our social media channels.
Finnish language support for practical training
Jamk Language Centre offers support for international students who do their practical training in Finland from October onwards. A dedicated Finnish teacher will help you and the company solve such questions as:
- how to learn Finnish efficiently at work?
- how to improve your Finnish skills?
- how to interact and communicate in Finnish at workplaces?
- what are the cultural aspects of Finnish work life?
Stay tuned to our channels to learn more about this concept in autumn.
Jamk Ambassador Program 2022-2023
The Jamk Ambassador Program is an opportunity for you to get to know Jyväskylä and other students in a very special way. It is also a chance to increase the range of your connections and contribute to your future in Finland in an entertaining way. You will get to know various organizations in Jyväskylä, participate in interesting leisure activities and gain networks in different fields.
Sneak peek into the tasks: You will be attending events and activities organized in Jyväskylä and Jamk, documenting them on your social media, writing blog posts, and creating interactive digital content. Sometimes you can be asked to perform in public or be a guest speaker at an event or a meeting. The goal is to show Jyväskylä and Jamk from a student perspective and advertise the advantages of living and studying in the city.
Stay tuned to Talent Boost´s August Newsletter and social media to learn more about the program and the recruitment process. The application period starts on 22.8.2022 and more info will be available closer to the date.
International Jyväskylä – Info Center:
It is a multilingual service point, where you can get information, guidance and counseling in 16 different languages. They can be your first point of contact, if you have any questions related to e.g., living or finding accommodation, working, studying, residence permits, social services, health care, leisure time activities or any other topic related to settling down here in Jyväskylä. International Jyväskylä – Info Center is a joint initiative of City of Jyväskylä and Ministry of Economic affairs and Employment. It provides services to everyone living in the Central Finland region, irrespective of the person’s background or reason for coming to Finland.
Presentation about the Info Center
Follow Info Center on Facebook and Instagram: @internationaljyvaskyla
Link to the website: https://www.jyvaskyla.fi/en/projects/international-jyvaskyla-info-center
Expertise Centre for Immigrants Jyväskylä:
This organization promotes employment of foreign residents in Finland and the recognition of the skills of international talent. The Expertise Centre for Immigrants supports foreign-language customers to improve their Finnish in Finnish language trainings, get to know more about the basic job seeking and support them to find their own expertise to promote employment through individual guidance and counselling. They help you to find a job, a place to study or start your own business.You can become a client for this organization if:
- You are an unemployed job seeker.
- You are under threat of unemployment, for example graduating in 6 months
Check out their website, recent newsletter, and the activity calendar below to be updated with useful information!
June newsletter: https://sway.office.com/KRvw31HAeZV4xFkq?ref=email
International Talents Workshop from the Junior Chamber of Commerce
JCI Jyväskylä will organize workshops that are a great opportunity to construct a network leading to finding jobs and opportunities in Central Finland area. The program and the dates of the workshops will be communicated soon. Stay tuned!
A group/workshop for those who came to Finland from Ukraine in 2022
The Aurinkopaja program offers Ukrainan citizens aged from 15 to 29 to participate in group activities that will include: language learning, cultural discovery of Jyväskylä, councelling and hobbies. For more information look at the attached images:
Summer CV club from Familia ry
CV club is taking place every alternate Monday from 14.00 -16.00 and / or Wednesday from 12:00 to 14.00 starting from 20 June 2022. You will find available dates and times in the calendar below. Limited 30 min slots available so make your 1-on-1 booking. The organization is offering to meet either online or in person. Consultations are in English with easy Finnish if needed.
Link to book your consultation: https://forms.office.com/r/aeQ0MwiR78
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Planning Officer, Allison Abdile at, firstname.lastname@example.org
XAMK´s Podcast on the topic of employment
The very first episode of Mattipedia discusses about job search in Finland – what kind of challenges and solutions Xamk’s International Business Management student and project researcher Valéria from Brazil has encountered during her three years in Finland?
Read this podcast: next.xamk.fi/wp-content/uploads…pedia_episode1.pdf
Read more about the traineeship opportunity, and fill an application form: www.xamk.fi/tutkimus-ja-kehitys…suuden-etela-savoa/
Finland Works event 5.10.2022
Recruitment event for students and graduates who are searching for job in Finland. Great platform and a webinar to help the job seekers connect with the employers and easily see the listed opportunities!
Link for registration: https://www.europeanjobdays.eu/en/events/finland-works-2
Possible Available Internships or Jobs in Finland:
- Business Development and sales Intern – French speaking; Uniplaces; Remote : https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3111667981/
- Field Applications Engineering Intern – Finland; Texas Instruments; Helsinki; On-site: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3084162402/
- Computer Graphics Research Intern; Huawei, Helsinki (On-site): https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3019603628/
- Sales Support Admin Intern; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Vaantaa (On-site): https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3111680512/
- Virtual Internship; CareerUp; Helsinki (Remote): https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3111907364/
- Cyber Security Intern; Huawei; Helsinki (On-site): https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3025683698/
- Sales and Marketing Intern; Cloud2 Oy; Helsinki (Hybrid): https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3118428969/
- Remote Work Opportunity Finland; TELUS International AI Data Solutions; Turku (Remote): https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3115050799/
- Website https://jobsinfinland.fi/?keyword=health has a selection of English based jobs for different filds!
- Website https://www.jobsinhelsinki.com/ has a selection of English based jobs in the Uusimaa region.
- Valmet Jyväskylä: Workshop manager – https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Workshop-Manager_R21391?locations=7bc87bd511ea010190492013afdb0000
- Event Spesialist; Wirepas; Pirkanmaa (on-site) https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/english-jobs-tampere/?originalSubdomain=fi
- Coordinator, Competence & Advisory; Fasterms; Tampere (Hybrid) https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?currentJobId=3116293098&keywords=english&location=tampere&originalSubdomain=fi
- Business Analysis Training and Internship; Oeson Oy, Finland (remote) : https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?currentJobId=3121441348&keywords=english&location=tampere&originalSubdomain=fi
- Marketing Specialist, Sandvik, Staffpoint, Tampere (Hybrid) : https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?currentJobId=3104678980&keywords=english&location=tampere&originalSubdomain=fi&start=2
Thank you for your input on the future of Jamk’s International Students and thanks for reading!
Talent Boost Team
Further Information: TalentBoostJAMK@jamk.fi
Our social media: